- Boulder, CO
What's the role?
HERE has placed the development of a Location Platform as a central building block of its strategy. Development of this platform will be driven by three functions, Product, Engineering and Architecture. HERE is looking for a Lead Architect to apply cutting-edge technologies crucial for building and maintaining a live HD map for the autonomous world. Our customers include some of the top OEM’s as well as many other autonomous startups. We are also working on leveraging our lengthy history in location services to enter into new markets. This team is revolutionizing the way location data is generated and productized for our customers.
As a Lead Architect, you will have the opportunity to assess, plan, design and implement real-time streaming services at a global scale. As a Lead Architect you will lead software engineers and design the next greatest idea to enhance customer experience. The Architect on this team is expected to work cross functionally while having industry-leading technical abilities which enable teams to significantly improve product quality. Ability to explain complex systems at an executive level, while also working closely with engineering teams to deliver scalable and efficient services. We utilize OO programming languages, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and the cutting-edge Cloud technology stack to build solutions that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive data input volumes to supporting customers around the world.
Who are you?
Your responsibility will be to drive the success of the HERE platform effort through driving deliberate, clear, and consistent software and system design, implementation, and validation. You will ensure that automation and testing is on par with platform quality. You will technically lead the teams and services you work with in an agile and inclusive manner, while collaborating with leadership regularly on the Architecture roadmap. You will be an integral part of the HERE platform Architecture group and work in close partnership with respective product and engineering management.
You bring a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mind-set with a sound theoretical basis. A background in developing complex distributed cloud systems, or platforms.
- 10+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles, experience in lead engineer or lead architect roles as well as developing scale-out distributed cloud
- 3+ year in architect or lead engineer roles
- Thought Leader and expert in high throughput sensor data using technologies like Kafka, Presto, Apache Flink, Apache Parquet, and ElasticSearch
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or relevant work experience
- Experience in reporting data in a multi- tenant cloud system
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker technology
- Fluency in Java, Scala, Python and C++
- Working hands-on as well as communicating effectively with Engineering.
- Exposure to microservices architecture and highly-scalable distributed cloud systems experience in restful API design
- Fluency in architectural areas of security, network, high-availability, reliability experience
- Experience with Grafana and Prometheus
- Experience with Gitlab and CI/CD
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top