Engineering Manager II
- Mumbai, India
What's the role?
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver robust, scalable, and maintainable software services for internal and external clients. They will be comfortable participating in all aspects of the Agile development process from technical requirements analysis through collaborative design, iterative implementation, automated testing and continuous delivery. No prior experience in the domain of Maps is required. We are looking for people who remain learners throughout their career, and whose inquisitiveness and love of technology will propel our products forward.
- As a technical leader and an effective people manager you are able to hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Collaborations with Internal and external customer and stakeholders for understanding the Business processes and solution implementations for the acceptance criteria.
- Perform Technical architectural design and review.
- You spend time and effort hiring top talent, coaching and developing people to bring out best.
- Bring consistency in practices and processes across the multi-tiered architecture
- Improve the Software maturity standards within the team.
- Mentor junior engineers.
Who are you?
You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail, good techno-managerial skills, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and the following:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- Practical experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineers
- 10+ years of software development experience with strong coding background in Java.
- Experience building REST web service clients and servers.
- Experience in large scale data processing leveraging distributed computed paradigm
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and engineering best practices
- 2+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
Following skills are advantageous:
- Knowledge of Scala
- Exposure to cloud computing such as AWS
- Knowledge of Spark or another distributed computing engine
- Experience with a continuous integration system (Gitlab, Jenkins, GoCD, Bamboo, …)
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on HD Map for Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD). Automated Driving industry is rapidly expanding. Join us in building the most precise and detailed map that will make Automated Driving a reality. We are seeking a talented Engineering Manager to work in the Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) Core Services group. The team develops high-volume, event driven processing pipelines and RESTFul Data-as-a-service (DAAS) for content management in a cloud environment to enable “highly automated driving” cars.
Back to top