Engineering Manager II
- Mumbai, India
What's the role?
HERE Core Map Engineering team is looking for skilled Techno-Managers to join our dynamic team. This candidate will work on various projects focused on extracting information from variety of sources such as Probe, OEM Sensor, Satellite and Street Level Imagery to generate new map content/layers and also keep our existing map up to date with reality delivery of real-time and participate in all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release, and support. This individual will follow a documented software development process and be accountable for conformance to software quality standards. The candidate will also work collaboratively with other engineering teams to ensure cross-functional goals are met. You who have deep understanding of technologies, application design, architecture, hands-on experience building highly scalable and distributed applications using SOA and Micro services in AWS.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions – list in order of importance; 5-6 maximum)
- Team and personnel administration are expected to take up to 25-30% of Engineering Manager time.
- Software design and development is expected to take up the remainder of Engineering Manager time.
- Build, support, mentor, and direct a world-class engineering team and cultivate a culture of innovation & delivery.
- Oversee a team charged with collaborating with other engineering teams, designers, architects and stakeholders to efficiently support map creation and maintenance at scale.
- Participating in architecture and design discussions and reviews.
- Participating in cross-team strategy discussions within the team
- Enable the team to execute high-velocity software development, support their needs and resolve possible conflicts
- Communicate with leadership regarding progress against plans, issues, and needs.
- Work with other team leads to leverage targeted technologies, processes, standards, and methodologies.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 meetings with each assigned team member to assist with issues and provide mentoring support.
- Participate in Performance management, Career development and training needs for team
- Develop and maintain strong networking and relationships with key members outside of own area.
- Works with users and/or product owners to help define application specifications
- Lead the team to follow organizational standard engineering best practice
- Perform system failure analysis and provide corrective actions
Who are you?
You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail, good techno-managerial skills, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and the following:
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership or managerial experience
- Proficient in Java and Python programming
- Proficient in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Proficient in technologies for web application, web services/micro services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Elastic MapReduce(EMR), Lambda, API Gateway, Data Pipeline and etc.)
- Experience with Scala programming
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Git/Mercurial
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top