Are you looking for an opportunity to craft the financial future of a high-growth SaaS startup?
As part of HelloSign’s Management Team, the VP Finance will drive the entire finance function and help set the strategic direction for the company. We are in the throes of scaling and need a self-starter to establish our financial and accounting processes, lead financial planning, and develop growth strategies. Join us and make a massive impact with the leading innovator in the electronic-signature space.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the HelloSign management team and lead us as our financial advisor.
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the management team.
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range planning. Plan for the downside and find opportunities for upside.
- Complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company.
- Oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Communicate and present our financial results to relevant audiences including company updates, investor updates, board updates and materials.
- Lead strategic analysis of major initiatives and products to assess ROI, Payback Period, etc. Evaluate the risks/rewards and provide the data to enable better business decisions.
- Advise on compensation strategy including equity and bonus planning.
- Optimize cash flow and handle treasury management.
- Assist the sales cycle on price negotiations with large enterprise customers.
- Streamline the billing process, including selection of financial systems that will support billing and financial operations.
- Build and develop the Finance and Accounting Team from the ground up.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusivity, and encourage team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Collaborate and share financial best practices. We are continuous learners.
- Deliver meaningful feedback to your teammates. We believe in radical candor and promote active transparency.
Who You Are
- You have 10-15 years of progressive finance leadership experience.
- You have experience at a venture-backed SaaS company (ideally post Series B), with VP responsibility for FP&A, accounting, and audited financials. You are an expert in enterprise-level SaaS metrics and know the industry benchmarks.
- You have previous i-banking or management consulting firm experience.
- Your track record shows you are a trusted advisor and business partner. You can drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- You know how to scale. You are an accomplished leader/coach and can build an all-star team. You are adept at change management, defining new processes, and garnering support for strategic initiatives.
- You are a strong communicator and can influence inside/outside the company. You can present business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community.
- You can select and implement billing and ERP systems.
- You are diligent. You have an eye for details and strive for accuracy and operational excellence.
- You are scrappy, can show your grit, and are willing to pitch in where needed.
- You apply good judgment and can maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- Bonus Points: You have previously raised VC financing or assisted with M&A.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 75,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just over 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.
Back to top