If you are someone who thrives on innovation, thinking outside the box and have a passion for creating something your users love, we invite you to check out HelloSign. Our customer base of 60,000 (and growing!) businesses already love us, and now we’re thinking even bigger. In our push towards the enterprise, we’re looking for skilled and motivated engineers to join our expanding team.
At HelloSign, we build our products with performance, scale and security in mind. In addition to being highly skilled on the technical side, you should also be able to put yourself in the user's shoes and think critically about how your work will improve their experience. We take pride in our work and want you to as well.
The Shared Services team is a brand new initiative with a mission to build a set of common core services and APIs that power our HelloSign, HelloFax and HelloWorks product offerings.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll partner with our CTO and a Product Manager to lay the technology foundation for our Shared Services initiative.
- Contribute heavily to the code base and be very hands-on throughout the SDLC cycle.
- Work with other Engineering Managers, Software Engineers and Product teams to come up with a roadmap of technical requirements and projects that would help us scale.
- Drive architectural, design reviews and best practices across the engineering organization.
- Mentor other senior and mid-level engineers.
- Be a strong advocate of quality and Agile/Kanban best practices!
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
Who You Are:
- You have meaningful experience in technical leadership, architecting systems and communicating complex technical ideas to a wide audience.
- You demonstrate experience in architecting microservices based applications. A broad software skill set involving security, scalability and performance.
- Our technology stack includes Elixir, PHP and MySQL. While these are not must haves, experience with them is desirable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- You’ve extensively used pub/sub and event streaming systems such as Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working at the infrastructure level or closely with an infrastructure team.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 75,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just under 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. And we continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.