Senior Front End Software Engineer
HelloSign is creating the next generation API-focused eSignature service. We are seeking a Senior Front-end Engineer to help us build and maintain our React/Redux and jQuery-based front-end, complete with automated tests and SCSS styling.
You can turn complex problems into simple solutions. You also have good intuition around what makes sense to build in-house versus pull in as external dependencies. You like building tools for other developers. You value transparency and collaboration and enjoy independent work in a team setting. In this position, you will also work closely with our in-house Creative and Product teams to create efficient, reusable, customer-facing modules that will comprise two of our products: HelloSign and HelloFax.
What You'll Do:
- Build upon and improve an eSignature service that has used by tens of thousands of enthusiastic users.
- Write high-performance, reusable, modular code along with automated tests.
- Introduce the team to new front-end architectural ideas and concepts.
- Collaborate closely with our in-house design team to bring their ideas to life.
- Test and fix bugs across multiple browsers.
- Identify and resolve performance issues to optimize for speed.
Who You Are:
- Strong React experience
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.).
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
Bonus Points For
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like SASS and CSS standards like SMURF/SMACSS.
- Familiarity with responsive design with grid frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap.
- Familiarity with PHP or other object-oriented language.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud services.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 75,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just under 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. And we continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.
Back to top