Lead Software Engineer
Are you someone who thrives on innovation, thinks creatively, and has a passion for building products your users love? If so, we want to hear from you.
At HelloSign, we know that a key part of making our customers awesome is improving the reliability, availability, and performance of our products as we grow. Over 80,000 companies depend on us to automate and manage their most important business transactions, so every request we process matters.
You’ll be the technical lead of a small team dedicated to increasing the resilience and speed of our distributed systems during a period of rapid growth in users and complexity. There’s a lot of work to do, so if you enjoy the challenges inherent to database scaling, multi-region system resilience, end-user latency optimization and tracking, or predictive scaling metrics, we want your insight.
Your work will allow our business and our engineering teams to move faster, and will ultimately help HelloSign serve its growing customer base more successfully. We’re excited to meet candidates who are passionate about building distributed service-oriented systems that scale.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the engineering team responsible for optimizing performance and ensuring the availability of HelloSign’s products
- Identify our current platform-wide usage ceilings to help us avoid bottlenecks at scale
- Provide architecture design support to help our engineering teams optimize database usage and plan for 10x company growth
- Improve performance awareness and visibility by creating best practices for profiling and stress-testing HelloSign’s services
- Identify and drive critical refactors of existing code and data stores
- Work closely with Engineering, DevOps, Security, and several customer-facing teams to increase confidence in HelloSign’s availability during usage spikes
- Embody our core values and identify candidates that align to our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusivity and encourage team members to be their authentic selves at work.
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of industry experience building and optimizing large-scale backend systems
- You have experience running, managing, and optimizing distributed databases (relational and NoSQL) in production. Experience in MySQL and AWS a plus
- You’ve demonstrated strong engineering and coding fundamentals with your hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available, performant, and fault-tolerant distributed systems. Experience in PHP, Java, and Elixir a plus
- You enjoy mentoring engineering team members at all levels
- You advocate for code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- You can apply good judgment and can maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
About HelloSign, A Dropbox Company:
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are located in downtown San Francisco near the Oracle Ballpark and the 4th and King Caltrain Station. Just over 140 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. In 2018, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.
Back to top