If you love clean data, we want to hear from you. We are looking for a Data Engineer superhero (or wizard behind the curtain) who will keep our exec dashboard accurate and take the Analytics team’s data infrastructure to the next level. You will work with our data infrastructure, datasets and analytics tools that are used by the Executive, Product, Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering, Finance and Customer Success teams every day--in short, your work will impact the whole company. This is a new role for HelloSign and you will play a critical role in shaping our Analytics foundation.
You will contribute to a variety of projects that range from designing robust and fully automated ETL processes to building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data. You have a passion for designing, implementing and operating stable, scalable and efficient solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse.
We know new analytics technologies are emerging every day and we are excited about the impact they will have – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Ensure we have data consistency on both production and analytical databases. You will own the integrity of our data from end to end and the company will make high impact decisions based on this data.
- Architect and build data warehouse to provide timely data to a variety of third party applications (Salesforce, Marketo, etc)
- Design and build tools that make our data pipelines and surfacing more reliable and easier to use
- Work closely with backend engineers to roll out new tools and features
- Triage, identify, and fix scaling challengesCollaborate with internal data customers to gather requirements
- Help develop our data engineering function in areas of data architecture, business intuition & insight or potentially big data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with at least one relational database—MySQL, Postgres, Oracle or other.
- SQL Scripting and Data Warehousing experience using RDBMS
- Experience with large-scale data pipelines and ETL tooling.
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Some coding experience. Our ETL process is in Ruby and our development environment is LAMP stack.
- Experience with EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) and Data Visualization (we use Tableau)
- Amazon RedshiftExperience working with data using Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, etc)
- Business Intelligence, Analytics or Finance experience
- Experience with any Hadoop type technology (Hive, Pig, Spark, etc)
HelloSign is creating the next generation eSignature platform, with a focus on clean usability. We were recently voted #1 eSignature solution for Small Business and #1 software solution for Mid-Market business on G2 Crowd! We’re proud of these awards because they are voted on by real users and reflect our commitment to making life better for our customers. In fact, we have the highest customer satisfaction score out of all our competitors.
In addition to our sleek end user product, developers love our API, clean, straightforward documentation and extensive SDKs. On average, full-featured integrations average less than 2.5 days of development--the fastest in the industry. And our API Engineers offer the best support you’ll never need. Our vision is to deliver Frictionless Agreements by making our users awesome.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco in SOMA near Embarcadero. Currently at 60 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with an eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the 2015 Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle and continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • Committed to building a product people want • We have a well-defined culture of fun, continual learning and collaboration • A supportive, familial atmosphere • An open, airy, creative space with communal dining and lounge spaces • We love dogs • Happy hour for unwinding and partaking in shenanigans • A fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.