API Support Engineer
If you love to delight customers and wow them with your technical savvy but also love working with engineers on complex problems, we would love to hear from you. As an API Support Engineer, you will manage the day to day contacts and inquiries that are received from our API customers and potential customers. You must excel at building relationships, enjoy representing a great company and be a highly effective technical problem solver. The right individual will be passionate about delighting our customers through each and every contact. This is a unique opportunity to join the technical side of an award winning customer operations team.
Please be sure to review information on our API here at: https://www.hellosign.com/api
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter. The cover letter should include a brief intro about you and include the following. If you could have one superpower what would it be? Please include a link to an example of some code that you have authored. It doesn’t have to be too intense, just something simple will work.
What You'll Do:
- Assist customers with our application program interface (API) as their first point of contact.
- Field Customer Support emails and calls about API features, functionality, and integration. You must be comfortable speaking to various people within an organization, from developers to CEOs, and be able to customize your response to their level of technical understanding.
- Be a tireless investigator. Sometimes you will need to dig in on all levels to understand what the answer, resolution, or next step is. This should come natural to you.
- Serve as a liaison between our customers and internal engineers. You must scout out the issues and help translate them between the two groups, proficiently speaking both customer and engineer languages.
- Engage in development discussions to create/improve our internal processes and systems. You will be the first point of communication for all of our API customers. Feedback starts with you.
- Work daily in at least two programming languages, guiding customers that are implementing our API’s.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to our API or document processing.
- Be comfortable using coding samples and snippets of code to communicate with developer clients.
- Learn our API products in depth to be able to answer product knowledge on the fly.
- Master the technologies related to our API products to help clients integrate our API products.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
Who You Are:
- You must be a self starter!
- Ability to demonstrate and explain API knowledge. Can you explain how our API’s work to your Grandfather while remaining patient and have him leave feeling confident about his new found knowledge?
- You have the ability to master our API’s functionality
- Ability to hear a use case and creatively apply our API functionality to solve that use case
- Extreme ownership of customer feedback and/or bug documentation
- 2+ years of experience working in technology
- You have working knowledge of at least one programming language
- The ability to work in multiple programming languages and environments
- General knowledge of web technologies and related tools
- You are very personable, someone who is an excellent communicator and enjoys interacting with others.
- Incredibly detailed oriented. You pay very close attention to all the details, even the small ones!
- You demonstrate strong technical writing skills, we'd love to see an example!
- You display drive, independence and resourcefulness
- Highly responsible and self motivated, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data
- BS/BA or related work experience
- Experienced Technical Support Engineer professional with experience specifically supporting an API. You love how it all works and always want to be involved.
- Experience working in a SaaS start up is a bonus.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just over 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.
Back to top