Helium Health is accelerating Africa's transition to a technology and data-driven healthcare sector. We provide a suite of solutions that serve as the digital infrastructure for all healthcare stakeholders in Africa: providers, payers, patients & governments.
We are looking to hire Senior Frontend, Backend and Full-Stack Software Engineers who will be responsible for all aspects of the development and delivery of applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and developers to conceptualize and build new products, features and changes that'll radically improve user experience
- Write well-documented code for features, tests and other front-end web and mobile application components
- Ensure the front-end web and mobile applications work well across all target platforms
- Work closely with back-end developers to continuously improve our ability to deliver awesome front-end web and mobile experiences
- Work with internal and external stakeholders; motivating, persuading, and negotiating towards a positive outcome.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 5 years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Good knowledge of any modern framework like React, Vue, Angular or Ember
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 APIs
- Experience in styling with solutions like Styled Components/CSS Modules/PostCSS/Sass/Less
- Experience with modern front-end workflows: git flow, project management tools, unit and E2E testing, build tools, REST APIs, CLIs, CI/CD
- Managing complex application state with Redux/Vue
- Support and maintain existing production code in the field and develop and deliver new enhancements and products to our client base.
- Collaborate with product management, operations, quality and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
- Develop reliable, high performance service applications using Elixir, Phoenix and PHP.
- Provision, configure, and develop against remote infrastructure in AWS.
Interested candidates must have the following;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 3 - 6 years of professional experience with Elixir/PHP or similar languages
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with our API
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Separation of centralised services into micro services
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible/Chef/Puppet or similar tools
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Good oral and written communication skills