HED is growing its Technology Design Team. We are adding a Technology Designer to provide support in our Detroit office. The Technology Designer will be responsible for support on designing technology systems including designs for structured cabling, public address/intercom, classroom video and sound reinforcement, digital signage, access control/intrusion detection, audio video control systems, video surveillance, and other technology systems.
Work with lead designer on technology portion of projects to design systems, meet multi-disciplinary objectives, adhere to project budget and schedule requirements, and exceed client expectations. Assist lead designer on development of project proposals, prepare designs for technology systems, and provide project support during construction administration phase.
- Design data and communications , safety and security, audio-visual systems, and support project activity from inception through completion.
- Coordinate design efforts with project team members, project partners and clients.
- Observe BICSI, AVIXA, and ASIS standards and industry best practices in design and product utilization.
- Develop designs that meet client functional, budgetary and schedule requirements. Representative systems include:
- Structured cabling
- Public address/intercom
- Classroom video and sound reinforcement
- Digital signage
- Access control/intrusion detection
- Video surveillance
- Coordinate with manufacturers and vendors on new and existing products.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD) or AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) designation preferred or willing to obtain within one year of hire.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of NFPA, EIA/TIA BICSI, IEEE, ASIS, and AVIXA standards.
- Knowledge of CSI format specifications.
- Ability to work remotely and communicate efficiently across geographies with multiple project teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and effectively function in a team environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit, sufficient to read and review drawings.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Meet Some of HED's Employees
Project Manager, K12 Studio
Scott specializes in architectural design for schools. He has successfully led projects like a six-year overhaul of a high school that involved almost the entire K12 Studio.
Healthcare Studio Leader
Tim serves as a thought leader for the healthcare component of HED, seeking new projects, preparing proposals, attending industry conferences, and providing studio leadership. He also collaborates with other offices to ensure that company goals are aligned across the board.
Back to top