Studio Leader - Science & Technology
- Chicago, IL
Responsible for leading the Science & Technology Studio in all applicable aspects of the Company's Strategic Plan as approved by the Board of Directors. Oversees Studio activities, including client and project commitments, with a primary focus on new business development and client maintenance. Leads these activities, including the coordination with marketing budget expenditures, client and project pursuits, project profit goals, and fee and contract negotiations, to achieve the goals and objectives set by Corporate Leadership on behalf of the Company. One Studio Leader from within each Studio, as designated by Corporate Leadership, has responsibility for coordinating the efforts of that Studio's Studio Leadership Team as noted below.
- The Studio Leaders designated by Corporate Leadership to coordinate the efforts of all the Studio Leaders in their respective Studios are responsible for leading the process for developing and implementing that Studio's marketing plan, including strategic planning, positioning, business development, sales and revenue tracking. These designated Studio Leaders are also responsible for managing the annual marketing budget for the Studio as directed by Corporate Leadership.
- The Studio Leaders designated with Company-wide responsibility are also charged with facilitating efforts across offices, both in pursuing and processing work, to further the Studio's growth and development with the goal of establishing and maintaining a strong presence for each Studio in all of our Company's geographic locations.
- All Studio Leaders are responsible for coordinating with the efforts of the Managing Principals, overseeing PIC project activities, including: the development, negotiation and implementation of the professional services proposal/contract process; establishing project service delivery requirements, hour allocations, team structure and project schedule commitments; and project profit goals consistent with the Company's established policies, procedures and resource capabilities.
- All Studio Leaders shall serve as one of the Company's main participants and spokespersons with prospective clients, professional organizations and the public, playing a lead role in the marketing of the Company's professional services. This includes participating in positioning activities, including presenting the Company at conferences and seminars, publishing articles, and networking with individuals and professional organizations.
- All Studio Leaders, working in coordination with the Managing Principals, shall identify a core team of experts within each technical discipline (as appropriate to the size and geographic reach of the Studio) to service clients and provide technical expertise specific to the Studio.
- All Studio Leaders shall represent the Company as Principal-in-Charge when requested or required and provide other direct billable services as appropriate to meet the Company's overall chargeability goals.
- Professional Bachelor's Level Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years' professional experience with five years in business development.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork; excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees, that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
- Capable of performing all the duties of a Project Manager.
- Computer literate.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
See Inside the Office of HED
HED is composed of problem-solvers. As a fully integrated practice, team members works in partnership with each other and their clients—listening, sharing ideas, and engaging in resourceful collaborations to cultivate breakthroughs. Design is the big picture, the central unifying idea that informs every collective decision and action. HED understands its clients’ unique needs, and the team works diligently to produce a design that exceeds expectations.
Back to top