Responsible for the design and technical systems for small to medium sized projects from schematics through construction administration. Provide support on larger sized projects.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on small to medium sized projects when assigned.
- Provide assistance to team on larger sized projects.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Interface with other discipline team leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (Master's Degree in Civil Engineering preferred) from an ABET accredited institution. Licensure preferred.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum four years' experience in A/E industry designing buildings with steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Engineering software proficient (RAM, RISA, TEDDS, ENERCALC)
- REVIT and AutoCAD Proficient
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Meet Some of HED's Employees
Project Manager, K12 Studio
Scott specializes in architectural design for schools. He has successfully led projects like a six-year overhaul of a high school that involved almost the entire K12 Studio.
Healthcare Studio Leader
Tim serves as a thought leader for the healthcare component of HED, seeking new projects, preparing proposals, attending industry conferences, and providing studio leadership. He also collaborates with other offices to ensure that company goals are aligned across the board.
Back to top