Senior Project Manager
This person will primarily work on healthcare projects, but will also support other project sectors. Responsible for leading and directing project teams in all aspects of our professional services while maintaining liaison between the project team, the client, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project. Oversee and manage all activities of the project including client and contract requirements, project planning and schedule, staffing needs and hour requirements to achieve the quality and profit goal expectations of the Company.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services proposal process and in negotiating the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Lead and direct all phases of a project including programming, schematic design, design development, construction document and construction administration services in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Contract Agreement.
- Lead and direct all activities of the project including the following:
- Prepare and implement the standard project planning and monitoring process for all projects.
- Lead team activities to meet the client and project scope requirements as established in the Owner/Architect Agreement. Identify and secure, prior to doing the work, additional service fees for activities outside the Owner/Architect Agreement and any previously approved work requiring changes.
- Manage all activities relating to the project and interface with the project team, clients, contractors, consultants and all authorities having jurisdiction.
- Manage overall project schedule and develop, coordinate and manage short-term schedules and tasks with project team.
- Establish and monitor discipline hour budgets and staffing needs with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the profit goals established.
- Secure all owner required data for specification development, bidding requirements, contract forms, conditions of contract and Division 1 general requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet the established Company policies and procedures for quality.
- Manage the bidding and construction administration phase in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Participate in marketing efforts including client maintenance, proposals and interviews as directed by the Project Management Leader.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge in the post-construction evaluation process when requested.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Experience working on healthcare projects.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is a plus.
- Minimum ten years' professional experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Very detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Possess strong business acumen.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
- Computer literate.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use office equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
See Inside the Office of HED
HED is composed of problem-solvers. As a fully integrated practice, team members works in partnership with each other and their clients—listening, sharing ideas, and engaging in resourceful collaborations to cultivate breakthroughs. Design is the big picture, the central unifying idea that informs every collective decision and action. HED understands its clients’ unique needs, and the team works diligently to produce a design that exceeds expectations.
Back to top