Senior Project Architect
- Dallas, TX
The role will be responsible for project team leadership and client interaction on complex projects of varying size from schematics through construction administration. The ideal candidate will have experience in design through construction administration. The person that fills this role must also be an excellent internal and external communicator both verbally and graphically, and able to effectively oversee multiple project teams and milestone deliverables, while maintaining alignment with agreed contractual and financial project performance objectives. The position requires interfacing directly with clients and client representatives, vendors, contractors, consultants and other disciplines within HED.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within their own discipline.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on projects when assigned.
- Developing building and system concepts
- Producing technical documentation
- Overseeing work of project team members
- Preparing and monitoring status reports
- Conducting material and product research
- Preparing and documenting code research
- Attending project meetings as necessary
- Works closely with specifications writers to develop coordinated specifications for projects as appropriate to each phase of design.
- Interfacing and coordinating with other discipline team leaders
- Submittal reviews and document interpretation during bid phase and construction administration
- Monitoring the quality of professional services
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required; Registered Architect license required
- LEED Accredited preferred
- Strong computer and CADD skills, REVIT preferred.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Experience with data center design preferred, but not required.
- Minimum ten years' experience in A/E industry preferred in architecture performing schematic design through project close-out.
- Comprehensive understanding of project coordination and related requirements of all disciplines
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and delegate work to staff
- Ability to work well with others to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top