Senior Project Architect
The role will be responsible for project team leadership and client interaction on complex projects of varying size from schematics through construction administration. The ideal candidate will have experience in design through construction administration. The person that fills this role must also be an excellent internal and external communicator both verbally and graphically, and able to effectively oversee multiple project teams and milestone deliverables, while maintaining alignment with agreed contractual and financial project performance objectives. The position requires interfacing directly with clients and client representatives, vendors, contractors, consultants and other disciplines within HED.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Responsible for overseeing discipline project team members or key areas of project development as assigned.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports when assigned as a discipline team leader.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Produce and coordinate quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Submittal reviews and document interpretation during bid phase and construction administration.
- Monitor the quality of professional services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree required; Registered Architect license required
- EED Accredited preferred
- Strong computer and CADD skills, REVIT preferred.
- V ery detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Experience with Science and Technology design preferred, but not required.
- Minimum ten years' experience in A/E industry preferred in architecture performing schematic design through project close-out.
- Comprehensive understanding of project coordination and related requirements of all disciplines
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and delegate work to staff
- Ability to work well with others to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
See Inside the Office of HED
HED is composed of problem-solvers. As a fully integrated practice, team members works in partnership with each other and their clients—listening, sharing ideas, and engaging in resourceful collaborations to cultivate breakthroughs. Design is the big picture, the central unifying idea that informs every collective decision and action. HED understands its clients’ unique needs, and the team works diligently to produce a design that exceeds expectations.
Back to top