Senior Project Accountant/Biller
This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employees' chargeable time and appropriate reimbursable expenses; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy.
- Set up and maintain projects utilizing the accounting software system (Deltek Vision) and the Project Management Database (PM Tools), including setting up and modifying fee schedules, and opening and closing projects and phases in Deltek Vision.
- Set up and maintain the billing folders for all projects with the appropriate documents, including contracts, monthly invoice copies, reimbursement copies, and consultant invoice copies, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC) regarding monthly billings, contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications related to billing.
- Make required transfers of employee hours and/or expenses as directed by the PM or PIC.
- Prepare invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Billing Supervisor.
- Mail (or otherwise distribute) final invoices with appropriate documentation and required schedules.
- Research unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Write off uncollectible receivables, labor and expenses as directed by the PM or PIC.
- Work with the members of the Accounts Payable team to ensure the correct coding of project consultant invoices and expenses (both trade and employee expense reports).
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the billing cycle process.
- Prepare special project analyses for PMs, PICs and others.
- Provide support for project audits.
- Assist with weekly time sheet review.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Billing and Accounting Supervisors as well as the Director of Finance or CFO.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or some college courses in accounting or business a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets (Excel) and accounting software.
- Minimum of 3 years billing and receivables experience in an A/E environment.
- Knowledge of Vision 5.1 software or other Deltek product a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
- Strong service orientation and knowledge of job costing (multi-company, multi-offices).
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Services Manager, as necessary.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), or for any other reason in management's sole discretion. In addition, please refer to the Employee Handbook for specific policy and procedure information.
Back to top