Senior Mechanical Engineer
Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from schematics through construction administration.
TYPICAL DUTIES - PROJECT RELATED
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as Discipline Team Leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing project team members within the discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Participate in the development of the project cost model and design to it.
- Develop and maintain Mechanical Basis of Design Journal through the life of the project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other Discipline Team Leaders.
- Respond to client questions/requests within 24 hours.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
TYPICAL DUTIES - NON-PROJECT RELATED
- Mentor support engineers to help prepare them for greater project responsibilities.
- Provide feedback to the supervisor on performance of support engineers.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and services, and participate in the implementation.
- Participate in in-house training activities.
- Participate in related professional organizations and activities.
- Offer recognition to those staff members who you observe doing excellent work and/or things beyond their job expectations.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure highly recommended.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum six years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and CADD literate.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top