Senior Electrical Engineer
Primary responsibilities include providing for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from schematics through construction administration.
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- It is expected that Level 4 is in regular coordination with Supervisor in project development and performance.
- Level 4 Electrical Engineer shall have a proficient knowledge of primary sectors of design including:
- Function as Project Discipline Team Leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing project team members within their own discipline. Level 4 is responsible for monitoring and executing team compliance with project budget.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Coordinate with Electrical Engineering Discipline Leader in preparing project Man-hour Estimates.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Participate in the development of the project cost model and design to it.
- Develop and maintain Electrical Basis of Design Journal throughout the life of the project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other Project Discipline Team Leaders.
- Respond to client questions/requests within 24 hours.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor and mentor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
TYPICAL DUTIES - NON-PROJECT RELATED
- Mentor support engineers to help prepare them for greater project responsibilities.
- Provide regular feedback to the Electrical Engineering Discipline Leader on performance of support engineers.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and services, and participate in the implementation.
- Participate in in-house training activities.
- Participate in related professional organizations and activities.
- Contribute to department discussions on field feedback, lessons learned, new technology or developments encountered.
- Offer recognition to those staff members observed doing excellent work and/or things beyond their job expectations.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure highly recommended.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum six years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Proficiency in short circuit and selective coordination calculation. Utilization of EDSA, SKM or other analytical modeling software preferred.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and CADD/BIM literate.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Meet Some of HED's Employees
Project Manager, K12 Studio
Scott specializes in architectural design for schools. He has successfully led projects like a six-year overhaul of a high school that involved almost the entire K12 Studio.
Healthcare Studio Leader
Tim serves as a thought leader for the healthcare component of HED, seeking new projects, preparing proposals, attending industry conferences, and providing studio leadership. He also collaborates with other offices to ensure that company goals are aligned across the board.
Back to top