Senior Architectural Designer
- Detroit, MI
Responsible for the p rogramming, planning, conceptual design and technical system integration of complex building projects from inception through construction administration. In this capacity, lead the process to develop design options and achieve client consensus on design approach and related priorities.
- Responsible for leading the programming and planning efforts to identify applicable project requirements, goals and strategies.
- Responsible for conceptual building concepts and related documentation from project inception through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Function as discipline team leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within the discipline.
- Prepare and monitor discipline workplans.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings when necessary.
- Coordinate with other discipline team leaders to ensure coordinated design solutions.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction phases.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Mentor and guide discipline and project team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree of Architecture and professional licensure highly recommended.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum ten years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from c oncept design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and BIM (Revit) literate.
- Working knowledge of Rhino and Grasshopper software preferred.
- Interest in computational design methodologies.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top