Project Manager - K-12 Schools
- San Diego, CA
A s a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading and directing project teams in all aspects of our professional services while maintaining liaison between the project team, the client, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project; also, you will oversee and manage all activities of the project including client and contract requirements, project planning and schedule, staffing needs and hour requirements to achieve the quality and profit goal expectations of HED. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 10 years professional design/technical expertise and breadth of experience in K-12 Education project types.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be engaged in the business development process with abilities to contribute to the quality of work and the collaborative nature of the office and project team.
• Lead and direct all phases of a project including programming, schematic design, design development, construction document and construction administration services in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Contract Agreement.
• Lead and direct all activities of the project including the following:
• Prepare and implement standard project planning and monitoring process for all projects.
• Lead team activities to meet the client and project scope requirements as established in the Owner/Architect Agreement. Identify and secure, prior to doing the work, additional service fees for activities outside the Owner/Architect Agreement and any previously approved work requiring changes.
• Manage all activities relating to the project and interface with the project team, clients, contractors, consultants and all authorities having jurisdiction.
• Manage overall project schedule and develop, coordinate and manage short-term schedules and tasks with project team.
• Establish and monitor discipline hour budgets and staffing needs with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the profit goals established.
• Secure all owner required data for specification development, bidding requirements, contract forms and conditions of contract and Division 1 general requirements.
• Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet the established Company policies and procedures for quality.
• Manage the bidding and construction administration phase in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement.
• Participate in marketing efforts including client maintenance, proposals and interviews as directed by the Project Management Discipline Leader.
• Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services proposal process and in negotiating the Owner/Architect Agreement and i n the post-construction evaluation process , when requested.
R e quirements
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
• Professional Licensure.
• LEED Accredited preferred.
• Knowledgeable of California DSA process and California K-12 Schools.
• Minimum 8-10 years of professional experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
• A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
• Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organization skills.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
• Possess strong business acumen.
• Comfortable being highly visible to clients and employees with maturity, assertiveness, integrity; possess the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
• Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD.
• Experience with Deltek Vision a plus .
Other Job Information (if applicable):
• Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
• Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
• Ability to use office equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
• Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required.
Back to top