Project Manager - Higher Education
Responsible for leading and directing project teams in all aspects of our professional services while supporting and maintaining excellent communication between the project team, the Client, stakeholders, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project. Oversee and manage all activities of the project including Client and contract requirements, project planning and scheduling, and staffing needs to achieve the quality and profit goal expectations of the Company. Ideal candidate shall have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing Higher Education project type(s).
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services proposal process and in negotiating the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Lead and direct all phases of a project including programming, schematic design, design development, construction document and construction administration services in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement.
- Focus on project goals and positive results
- Lead and direct all activities of the project including the following:
- Prepare and implement the project planning and monitoring processes for all of your projects
- Lead team activities to meet the Client and project scope requirements as established in the Owner/Architect Agreement and other executed agreements.
- Identify and secure, prior to doing the work, additional service agreements & fees for activities outside of the Owner/Architect Agreement and any previously approved work requiring modifications
- Manage all activities relating to the project and interface with the project team, Clients, stakeholders, contractors, consultants and all authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage overall project schedule and develop, coordinate and manage short-term schedules and assignments with the project team including consultants
- Establish and monitor fee budgets for each in-house discipline and the staffing requirements with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the profit goals established
- Work with the project team to secure all required data for project initiation, specification development, bidding requirements, contract forms, conditions of contract and Division 1 General Requirements from the Client
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet the established Company policies and procedures for quality
- Manage the bidding and construction administration phase in accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect Agreement
- Participate in marketing efforts including Client maintenance, proposals and interviews as directed by the Project Management Leader
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge in the post-construction evaluation process when requested
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering required
- Professional Licensure preferred
- LEED Accredited preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including management, design and technical expertise
- Experience with Higher Education projects preferred
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines
- A proven track record indicating a variety of project types and successes
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organization skills
- Ability to work well with others especially during deadline situations
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Possess strong business acumen
- This is a senior level position that is highly visible to Clients and employees that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to understand, lead, collaborate, influence and persuade with trust and respect
- Must possess the ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner
- Computer literate – proficient in the use of Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam
- Experience with Deltek Vision, AutoCAD, REVIT is a plus
- Knowledge of regional building codes and governing agency processes
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending Client, project and construction related meetings
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes
- Ability to utilize office equipment for communication and documentation purposes
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments) may be required.
Back to top