Medical Planner/Team Leader
Responsible for the programming, arrangement and design of spaces in medical facilities, knowledgeable of code and best practices, and to lead a multidisciplinary team in all aspects of the design of hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for bringing industry-leading design & planning skills to healthcare projects
- Responsible to lead user group meetings and design events (Workshops/3P).
- Responsible to lead project team members or key areas of project development as assigned.
- Conduct best practice, material, and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Prepare programming documents, diagrams, analyses and graphic support materials needed to bring clients and design team to decisions regarding needs and arrangement of spaces and activities required on projects.
- Lead and document project meetings as necessary.
- When assigned as a team leader, prepare and monitor Discipline Work Plan (DWP), and lead project documentation effort consistent with HED standards and practices through all phases of design.
- Coordinate with internal and external expert disciplines (building performance, MEP, structural, acoustics, interiors, communications, etc.) as required to ensure design is aesthetically compelling, technically feasible and meets owner and code requirements.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Meet and negotiate effectively with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) as necessary to achieve project compliance.
- Maintain and grow personal knowledge of medical technology and developments in healing practice and arts through training, continuing education and other means in order to act effectively as a recognized expert both within and outside the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in Healthcare A/E industry preferred.
- ACHA and/or EDAC preferred
- Inpatient hospital renovation experience preferred
- Experience with the Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) Healthcare and Hospital Guidelines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Experience using computer design software for project design and production such as Rhino, Revit and AutoCad required.
- Ability to use basic office software suite to prepare emails, spreadsheets, documents and presentations for projects.
- Highly detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top