HED, a multi-discipline Firm with national reputation, is looking for an experienced landscape architect/designer to join our Detroit area office. The Landscape Architect/Designer will work directly with Senior Landscape Architects, Architectural Designers and Engineers on complex projects ranging from planning level studies to detail design. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibility and respond to challenges on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for every aspect of landscape architecture and enjoy working in a fun and collaborative studio environment.
Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from concept through construction administration.
- Responsible for site system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- MLA, BLA or BSLA required.
- Five to seven years of experience in a professional office.
- Excellent 3D and 2D design skills with proven proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp. Proficiency in Revit also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including graphic proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and deliver clear concepts to colleagues and project managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment with tight deadlines.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work discipline with exceptional self-management skills.
- Responsible, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- A strong desire to learn and become proficient in all aspects of landscape architecture.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Meet Some of HED's Employees
Scott B.Project Manager, K12 Studio
Scott specializes in architectural design for schools. He has successfully led projects like a six-year overhaul of a high school that involved almost the entire K12 Studio.
Tim H.Healthcare Studio Leader
Tim serves as a thought leader for the healthcare component of HED, seeking new projects, preparing proposals, attending industry conferences, and providing studio leadership. He also collaborates with other offices to ensure that company goals are aligned across the board.
Back to top