- Detroit, MI
HED, a multi-discipline Firm with national reputation, is looking for an experienced landscape architect/designer to join our Detroit area office. The Landscape Architect/Designer will work directly with Senior Landscape Architects, Architectural Designers and Engineers on complex projects ranging from planning level studies to detail design. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual who is willing to take on responsibility and respond to challenges on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for every aspect of landscape architecture and enjoy working in a fun and collaborative studio environment.
Responsible for the design and technical systems for large, complex projects from concept through construction administration.
- Responsible for site system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- MLA, BLA or BSLA required.
- Five to seven years of experience in a professional office.
- Excellent 3D and 2D design skills with proven proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp. Proficiency in Revit also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including graphic proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and deliver clear concepts to colleagues and project managers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment with tight deadlines.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work discipline with exceptional self-management skills.
- Responsible, hard-working, and self-motivated.
- A strong desire to learn and become proficient in all aspects of landscape architecture.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top