HED is seeking an Architecture Intern to support project teams in our San Francisco office. If you have a passion for Architecture & Design and would like to work with a talented team of professionals on some landmark projects in the San Diego area, this may be the role for you. In addition to great people, we offer an excellent work environment and are conveniently located near the BART station, freeways, and other public transport stops in the Financial District of San Francisco.
Under the direction of our discipline team leaders, HED interns fulfill actual client work under appropriate supervision with a goal of capitalizing on the use of existing skill sets, and providing an opportunity of application of interests and talents to project team work.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Coordination with other project teams or disciplines
- Gathering on-site data and learning construction terminology and techniques
- One year of enrollment in an accredited post-secondary architectural program required.
- Computer literacy, including CADD; Revit and/or 3D modeling and rendering software skills a plus
- Ideal candidates will be able to apply standard architectural techniques and knowledge on projects
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate an ability to be intuitive beyond basic direction, flexible and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes
- Ability to use office tools and equipment for communication and documentation purposes
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities
Back to top