HED is seeking a Senior Project Architect in our San Francisco office. If you have a passion for Architecture & Design and would like to work with a talented team of professionals on some landmark projects in the San Francisco Bay Area, this may be the role for you. In addition to great people, we offer an excellent work environment and are conveniently located near BART, bus and train stations, freeways, and other public transport stops in downtown San Francisco.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Leads the design team in design, documentation and construction administration of complex, highly technical projects.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Prepares and monitors architecture and design discipline work plans to ensure work is delivered on time and on budget.
- Works directly in Revit and/or Rhino to develop and present design concepts for projects and to prepare quality, coordinated documents at all phases of project with support of other team members.
- Ensures code compliance of project design.
- Oversee coordination of work of both internal architecture and design team and other disciplines, both in-house and external.
- Works closely with specifications writers to develop coordinated specifications for projects as appropriate to each phase of design.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and licensure preferred.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Healthcare/OSHPD experience preferred.
- Construction document production experience.
- Design Focused.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Computer and CADD literate, Revit required.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Back to top