Healthcare Design Leader
- Chicago, IL
Harley Ellis Devereaux is looking for a dynamic healthcare thought leader in the Chicago office, functioning as a planner/designer with marketing/relationship responsibilities. A strong background in medical planning is necessary, coupled with business development connections in the healthcare community. Primary responsibilities include planning/design leadership within the Healthcare Studio and contributing to the strategy to drive business growth.
Approximately 65% of time devoted to healthcare planning/design and 35% of time marketing/relationship building and helping to oversee healthcare studio activities.
- Function as a lead on healthcare projects.
- Responsible for planning and designing renovations and additions to healthcare facilities in a lead role following through the documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases to assure client expectations.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members and consultants.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural services within a project team concept.
- Further the Studio's growth and development with the goal of establishing and maintaining a strong presence in the Chicago healthcare market
- Professional Bachelor's Level Degree in Architecture.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum ten years professional experience with strong business development connections.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and employees, that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork; excellent writing and speaking skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
- Computer literate with varied skills in Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, and Revit (ideally, not essential).
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Back to top