- Chicago, IL
Primary responsibilities include providing for the design and technical systems for small to medium sized projects from schematics through construction administration.
- Responsible for building and system concepts and documentation process from schematics through construction administration phases within the discipline.
- Level 3 Electrical Engineer shall have a working knowledge of primary sectors of design including:
- Power Distribution
- Lighting and Controls
- Fire Alarm
- Specification writing and editing.
- Energy conservation and sustainability/report technical writing.
- It is expected that the Level 3 engineer and supervising staff understand where the level 3 engineer's abilities are strong, and work toward improving skill level towards Level 4.
- Function as Project Discipline Team Leader on small to medium sized projects when assigned by Supervisor.
- Responsible for overseeing project team members within their own discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other Project Discipline Team Leaders.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree and licensure preferred.
- Specification format and content writing experience required.
- Experience with short circuit and coordination analysis studies.
- Minimum four years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Good written/ verbal communication and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff in commensurate engineering skills, computer drafting and document preparation.
- Delegate work assignments to Junior Staff.
- Computer and CADD (BIM/ Revit) literate.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Back to top