Design Technology Leader / BIM Manager
The Design Technology Leader role will be responsible for technical project team coordination relative to the use of BIM technology. Will have client & project partner interaction on complex and high-profile projects of varying size from schematics through construction administration.
- Responsible for implementing current Design Technology strategy or assisting in revising as appropriate fo project requirements.
- Primary interface with project management team and office leadership for the Design Technology team.
- Inform project leadership of Design Technology issues which could potentially impact fees and project profitability.
- Provide day-to-day project team support and provide training on an as-needed basis to support smooth functioning of BIM production.
- Coordinate implementation of BIM project plan with project partners.
- Facilitate and ensure appropriate and timely project communication of BIM and CAD information.
- Create Revit family content as required and coordinate development of Revit family content by team members as required for project documentation.
- Coordinate with team leadership and discipline Leaders to ensure BIM production efforts meet organization quality standards.
- Oversee BIM activities, including update of models to reflect as-builts, and assist team in production of addenda, RFI responses and bulletins as required.
- Work with office leadership and Corporate Design Technology Leader to develop training programs and local resources for BIM implementation in a growing environment.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate or assigned by leadership.
- Work alongside project leadership to monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
- Bachelor's degree and licensure highly recommended.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
- Extensive technical software experience with Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, Bluebeam Revu, and other related software platforms.
- Technical software experience with McNeel Rhino and Grasshopper a plus
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required.
See Inside the Office of HED
HED is composed of problem-solvers. As a fully integrated practice, team members works in partnership with each other and their clients—listening, sharing ideas, and engaging in resourceful collaborations to cultivate breakthroughs. Design is the big picture, the central unifying idea that informs every collective decision and action. HED understands its clients’ unique needs, and the team works diligently to produce a design that exceeds expectations.
Back to top