Architecture + Design - Level 3
- Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for the design and technical systems documentation from project inception through construction administration and ability to work independently with moderate direction for small to medium sized projects.
- As part of a design team, responsible for the building and system concepts and documentation process
- Responsible for design consultant coordination.
- Responsible for the coordination of team members (1-2) within the discipline.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports for review by the Architecture Discipline Leader.
- Responsible for coordination with the Project Manager and Studio Leader
- Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other discipline team leaders.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Architecture + Design Discipline Leader
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum four years' experience in A/E industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in architecture or with a focus in architecture
- Professional licensure preferred.
- Experience in or interest in Science and Technology projects or K-12 projects, with experience working with the Division of the State Architect preferred.
- LEED accreditation or other sustainability designation preferred.
- Ability to work with clients and AHJ's in a proactive and professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate work assignments.
- Strong computer and graphic skills, and demonstration of REVIT proficiency
- Ability to independently develop construction details
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
- Ability to work well with others especially under deadline situations.
- Willingness to grow and the role and assume additional responsibilities
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required. In addition, please refer to the Employee Handbook for specific policy and procedure information .
Back to top