Supervisor, Integrated Strategy and Planning
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
Reports to: Brand Director
The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Integrated Strategy Supervisor. This is not an all‐inclusive list and will vary by account assignment. The Supervisor’s role is to ensure the client’s media plans are developed and implemented. In addition to the day-to-day stewardship of the media plans, the Supervisor should be able to leverage data and consumer insights to inform media recommendations. It is also required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a strategic, timely and accurate manner.
- Supervise the Strategist on day-to-day activities
- Train Strategist in all aspects of the planning process, as well as the client(s) business and industry
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues, create solutions and resolve problems Manage solid client relationships
- Establish timetables for development of plans
- Integrate data-driven strategic planning philosophy into communication plan development
- Seek a consumer‐centric view in all strategic thinking Ideas
- Own the channel selection process during media planning
- Oversee tactical media plan recommendations and alternatives Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Approach plan development and partner selection with an eye for efficiency to ensure client receives industry-best rates
- Foster a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Coordinate efforts with the Marketing Science and Investment team(s) – across media channels, inclusive of Paid Search, eCommerce, Branded Entertainment, etc.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of media – how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing
- Understanding of the skills and functions of the Investment side of the business, as well as knowledge of Strategic Business Units’ competencies Knowledge of all aspects of Digital Media, including Search, Online Video, Mobile
- Enthusiasm in applying the tenets of the agency, especially the following: Agility – in process and speed Empowerment – taking initiative and speaking up with ideas
Position Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or closely related field is required.
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media, with foundation of basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism Interest in the client’s industry and environment within which he operates
- Analytical thinking Competency in mathematical concepts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prioritization skills (multi‐tasking)
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved, written or oral instructions
- Ability to formulate solutions to media problems
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors Knowledge of and experience with Mediatools is preferred
- Experience with reach/frequency tools, DDS, Prisma, Ad Intel (formerly Ad*Views) also preferred
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top