Supervisor, Brand Planning & Strategy (XN165-019)
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
Background on the team
The US marketplace is constantly evolving and consumers no longer follow the traditional purchase funnel when making product decisions. In today's Omni channel world, smart marketers realize that they need to change to be relevant and top of mind with consumers. Options are endless and advances in technology are changing the way that brands can interact with their target audience. P&G realizes this and has evolved their agency support team to ensure they are at the forefront of today and prepared for tomorrow.
We are continuing to expand our shopper marketing experience into this team which will both continue to improve programs and ensure more comprehensive store-back thinking for brand programs that enable customer connection, activation, and sequential advertising.
In addition, the Hearts & Science Shopper Marketing team offers Customer Team Media Buying and Planning capabilities.
The Supervisor, Brand Planning & Strategist plays a key role as the day-to-day liaison between the client, vendor partners (ranging from retailers, e-commerce) and the media community. Ensuring that the client's media plans are developed and implemented per brand and categories objectives and guidelines. It also includes collaborating with other categories/ disciplines (Integrated Planners, Data Science, etc) and partner creative agencies to ensure plans are integrated and fulfilling campaign goals.
The ability to multi-task and think "out of the box" is key. A positive attitude and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" is also critical to get the job done. Experience working with across several media channels is preferred and a curiosity in emerging media platforms.
- Participate in Checkmate strategic planning philosophy
- Seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge base of their clients' business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee and manage the day to day operations of the Shopper Marketing/Customer team including Assistants and Strategists
- Provide point-of-view on various digital media tools in the marketplace
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Execute the brand plan
- Negotiate for the best value (both pricing and impact)
- Recommend optimizations for both a site/placement and creative rotation perspective after reviewing the campaign results
- Generate tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Respond to the flow of client media-related issues. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client's business
- 3.5+ years of experience in cross channel branding strategy or media/communications
- A solid understanding of media types, including Broadcast, Print, Outdoor and Digital
- Previous strong team management skills and interpersonal communication
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of syndicated research, ad serving, media billing tools a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Hearts & Science, an agency within Omnicom Media Group offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Hearts & Science, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints, and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiates us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Hearts & Science, we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for their talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top