Strategy Project Manager (XZ160-37)
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Project Manager. This is not an all-inclusive list.
The Project Manager role reports to the Project Director and is a key position in managing the day-to-day media responsibilities of the media strategy/planning team. Assist in managing agency partners, including but not limited to the creative agency, while working with internal Investment team(s) to advocate cross-team integration. The Project Manager works alongside Media Strategy/Planning and paid media Investment teams to support large cross-channel initiatives. The PM is responsible for the executional side of the media strategy team and the successful launch of media campaigns, working diligently to integrate with the creative agency as plans are finalized and creative execution begins. Supports team with defining deadline targets included but not limited to: creating project timelines, setting expectations, integration with cross disciplines to ensure fluid communications, problem solving and excellent client service.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of integrated, multi-platform, multi-channel, media programs
- Able to plan, manage and execute projects strategically from beginning to end
- Coordinates project deliverables and guides the team on potential risks
- Understands all facets of media planning and agency processes
- Develops and manages schedules that accurately reflect scope and project requirements
- Sets clear expectations with the team for their role in delivering the project
- Orchestrates internal client team communications and project status
- Consistently sets clear expectations for tasks and deliverables
- Openly communicates changes to plan and implications for team, clearly and in a timely manner
- Works directly with creative agency is order to coordinate media deadlines with their creative milestones—presenting an integrated plan to the client
- Manages issues appropriately and professionally
- Develops strong relationships with team members at all levels
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate conflict and manage differences of opinion
- Manages project communication, documents issues and changes that affect the project
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor degree in marketing/advertising related field
- 4-5 years of experience in advertising/marketing
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Knowledge of agency process, media planning and execution as well as creative production and how the two work together as an integrated entity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
- Solid track record of successfully managing projects from start to completion
- Able to lead discussions, while keeping team on track
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, self-starter and accountable for their work
- Confident with problem solving and resolution
- Analytically minded
- Comfortable with assessing current processes and establishing new and improved ways of working
- Leads internal team members to ensure recruitment and retention project milestones are met as contracted
The ideal candidate is confident, flexible, adaptive, energetic and a self-starter. Passionate and driven while having great attention to detail. A successful communicator, proactive in their approach and able to plan ahead in order to mitigate risk, truly dynamic, highly personalized and capable of delivering better business outcomes. Comfortable working independently and can adjust to changes in priorities without skipping a beat.
Hearts & Science, an agency within Omnicom Media Group offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Hearts & Science, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiates us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Hearts & Science, we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top