Strategist, Digital & E-Commerce
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
Reports to: Supervisor, Strategy
The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Strategist. This is not an all‐inclusive list and will vary by account assignment. The Strategist provides the client with the most effective media plan recommendation to ensure that the client’s goals are met. He/she must be the day‐ to‐day steward on assigned brands. The Strategist is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in strategic planning philosophy
- Seek a consumer‐centric view in all strategic thinking Ideas
- Provide point‐of‐view on various media in the marketplace
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Create media plan recommendations and alternatives
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace Results
- Execute the media plan
- Generate tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Respond to the flow of client media‐related issues
- Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences
- Gather data
- Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
- Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client’s business
- Attend internal and external meetings and presentations
- Keep abreast of industry trends through advertising and media trade journals
Position Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or closely related field is required.
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media
- A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism
- Interest in the dynamics of media ‐ how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing
- Interest in the client’s industry and environment within which he operates
- Analytical thinking
- Competency in mathematical concepts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prioritization skills (multi‐tasking)
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to use Brainbox tools and software
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved, written or oral instructions
- Ability to formulate solutions to media problems
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors
- Knowledge of and experience with Mediatools is preferre
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top