Senior Business Director - Strategy (XZ160 #391)
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Senior Business Unit Director-Strategy. This is not an all-inclusive list.
Acting as the strategic senior thought leader, the Senior Business Unit Director, Strategy will:
- Manage a successful, integrated team through high level strategic insights and analytics to drive marketing and media planning decisions for "C" level clients and marketing counterparts
- Be a champion for the brand(s) they manage, continually striving to find innovative solutions that elevate the brand(s)' position in the marketplace
- Foster client relationships across all brands and/or lines of business that fall under his/her responsibility
- Provide expertise and leadership in performance marketing, across all channels: traditional, digital and emerging media
- Lead and develop annual Account Plans and create clear accountability measures that ensure client and agency financial and business success
- Represent and promote the interests of Hearts & Science internally and externally
- Independently manage and grow the client's P&L
- Effectively motivate, lead and train the entire team to maximize shared objectives
- Extensive knowledge of the media and marketing business, demonstrating a depth in performance-based marketing results across all channels through ROI, analytics, strategic brand planning, and the buying and planning of National Media including: TV, OOH, Print, Digital/On-Line
- 12+ years marketing and media experience, with a track record in being a category expert and business strategist
- Demonstrated experience with consumer research and data tracking, bothquantitative and qualitative
- In-depth experience with integrated marketing programs including strategic development, analysis and implementation Leadership/Client Partnership
- Demonstrated leadership success in a previous senior client service and account management role
- Articulating a clear and compelling vision to direct and maximize the team where all roles and responsibilities are well defined, understood and managed
- Takes appropriate risks and make tough decisions when required
- A dynamic personality who can manage with a culture of "constructive conflict"
- Needs to be confident in their abilities and able to state the agency position on sound facts
- Maintains a high level of service to all clients; has credibility and a record of delivering results
- Expertise in marketing and sales; knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics; and consultative sales techniques
- Relationship builder; demonstrates an ability to listen and respond to a wide variety of constituencies from CMO to Assistant Brand Managers
- Track record of strength in business development and financial account growth ● Exhibits sound business judgment to navigate through everyday client and team challenges
- Commands respect (and authority when needed)
- Ability to foster an optimal environment for idea generation and creative innovation
- 9+ years of previous experience managing and leading integrated teams
- Experienced at managing budgets and the client P&L successfully ● Able to forecast and develop an integrated Account Plan, collaborating with internal financial team
- 10+ years of experience forecasting, planning and selling marketing or media programs which expand the relationship with the client
- Strong communicator and presenter, able to present and articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points-of-view that ultimately close the sale
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict, both internally among functions and externally with advertising agency partners and media partners
- Ability to listen and motivate account team members to achieve shared goals
- Trusted advisor to client counterparts that is seen as a vital part of their team; represent the voice of the client within Hearts & Science
- Candid communicator who can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately
○ to and from the client
○ to and from the creative agencies involved
○ among the team
- Knowledge and understanding of client business/current issues and marketplace trends/emerging trends
- Knowledge of Hearts & Science's capabilities, including research and tools, analytics, and OMG business units
- Business Unit Director should ideally have extensive and diverse marketing and media experience on both the corporate and agency side and in media
- Background in branding, direct response and customer experience management in addition to hands-on experience in leading successful, performance-based strategic campaigns that drive cost-per-action results.
- Highly analytical and creative mind in strong communication skills with experience in building and managing a team through a use of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and ever evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- Bachelor's degree required
Hearts & Science offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days,typically summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and great opportunities for growth.
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top