Negotiator, Digital Media Investment
- Please be advised that this Marketing role, not related to the Finance Industry*
NEGOTIATOR, DIGITAL MEDIA INVESTMENT
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
The Analyst is the day-to-day steward on assigned client business and provides the integrated strategy team(s) with the most effective and relevant media plan recommendations to meet client goals. The Analyst is mainly responsible for negotiating the best value (price and impact) of the planned media and will master the digital marketplace and evaluate programs and pricing on a regular basis.
- Thoroughly understand the digital world and client business by staying abreast of the digital marketplace activity gained through constant analysis and education; understanding and bearing in mind the client(s) perspective, especially when participating in strategy discussions.
- Seek out a strong cooperative relationship with multiple business counterparts (Strategy and Research Teams, Creative Agencies, Digital Suppliers).
- By nature, be curious and open to investigating unique opportunities to reach the target consumer, yet prepared to provide a point-of-view, recommendation, and alternative options to the various digital media tools in the marketplace.
- Accountable for results and reporting, which can in part be defined as execution of the media plan; measuring media performance and optimizing site/placement after reviewing campaign results; offering tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests.
- The Analyst is the primary guide to take assigned Assistant Analysts through the fundamentals of the planning process, to delegate responsibilities that will simultaneously meet business goals and contribute to the Assistant Analyst’s development, develop timelines to help manage deadlines and time management; and to provide directional and timely feedback. Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Analyst, Supervisor and Associate Directors in planning functions, such as research, partner recommendations
- Negotiate, buy and execute media plan, collaborate with digital partners, coordinate with assistants on implementation of insertion orders
- Evaluate and assess vendors using proprietary research tools and industry knowledge; provide client facing reports on a variety of topics (POVs, marketplace observations, etc.) * Develop and train the assistant Analyst, provide mentorship, arrange training sessions and manage their daily workflow/tasks
- Manage trafficking process with outside agencies/publishers, perform campaign QA, retrieve creative specifications from publishers, and coordinate with creative agencies for asset delivery and campaign launch
- Collaborate with Marketing Sciences to provide reporting and analysis of media campaigns, optimizations
- Maintain billing process with assistant Analyst
- Attend publisher meetings and develop expertise in digital opportunities, new technologies, digital platforms, innovation, research insights and capabilities, industry learning, etc.
- Participate or lead in direct client communications when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, communications or related field
- 2 years of digital media buying, negotiation and implementation experience required
- Fluent user of Microsoft office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word that enjoys working with and has aptitude for mathematical concepts
- An understanding of the digital marketplace and account management as well as a passionate student of the digital industry
- Avid explorer in and user of multi-digital vehicles; enthusiastically strengthens knowledge of the relationship opportunities between on-and-offline media
- Able to understand application of, and consistently advance knowledge using, industry tools such as ComsCore, Nielsen, AdRelevance, AdViews, E-telmar (crosstab and R/F) basics
- Possesses a basic knowledge of the disciplines underlying these principles e.g. economics, journalism, psychology
- Solves problems with a minimum of noise
- Excellent presentation skills
- Conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings and decisions in a clear, concise and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both good verbal and written skills. Is a good listener
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top