We are a data-driven marketing agency that is pioneering the future of how brands and people will interact in the post-media world.
A Media Supervisor is the day-to-day liaison between the client and the media community. The supervisor’s role is to ensure the client’s media plans are developed and implemented. This not only involves working closely with the client and with the media community but also includes working closely with the various departments and/or partner agency. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Strategy Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
- Supervise the Media Planner and Assistant Media Planner on day-to-day activities
- Train Media Planner and Assistant Media Planner in all aspects of the planning process, as well as client business and industry
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues. Create solutions and resolve problems.
- Manage solid client relationships
- Establish timetables for development of plans
- Interview applicants for junior-level positions
- Integrate strategic planning philosophy into communication plan development
- Help develop planning objectives and strategies that coincide with the client’s marketing direction
- Continually seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Supervise implementation of integrating offerings and tools
- Identify opportunities for cross-platform deals, when appropriate
- Provide point-of-view on various media in the marketplace
- Create media plan recommendations and alternatives
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Promote creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Present media plans to clients
- Oversee the execution of a media plan
- Gauge media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedules
- Update account team on status of all client projects
- Foster a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Coordinate efforts with the Investment team(s)
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences
- Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
- Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client’s business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience with integrated media strategy.
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism
- Knowledge of the dynamics of media – how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing
- Understanding of the skills and functions of the Investment side of the business, as well as knowledge of Strategic Business Units’ competencies
- Interest in the client’s industry and environment within which he operates
- Ability to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Appreciation of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top