Learning and Development Manager
In this role, you will be the go-to person for all administrative facets of the Learning & Development offerings of Hearts & Science, across all offices. Additionally, you will be proactively involved in all aspects of L&D – listening to what is needed throughout each office and department, sourcing partners for collaboration, and helping create and guide content for all learning modules and methods. This role requires strong attention to detail, resourcefulness, a quick thinking and solution-oriented mindset, and a true team player that can act as the eyes and ears of the Hearts & Science L&D team.
- Management of Absorb (Learning Management Platform).
- Design and develop thorough, engaging courses, e-learning modules and instructional materials.
- Maintenance on existing training materials to improve and ensure timeliness and relevance
- Generation of technical documentation, training manuals, online help, user guides
- Writing, editing, formatting online and print materials for sales, technical, and other functions
- Assist L&D to maintain a robust Knowledge Base
- Connect and partner with L&D departments throughout the OMG network – share and learn best practices, collaborate on internal and external initiatives and learning opportunities.
- Scope out projects to provide detailed documentation estimates and deliverables
- Demonstrate the ability to grasp technical details provided and translate into clear documentation
- Create design documents and storyboards to communicate development needs to managers, instructional developers, and subject matter experts
- Collaborating with clients, SMEs, and other stakeholders to develop course materials that translate their business requirements into performance and learning solutions
- Developing and editing training materials including training slides, Instructor Guides, Participant Guides, exercises, case studies, and supplemental training materials
- Develop SCORM compliant e-learning for with authoring tools like Captivate and Storyline.
- Work with a graphic designer for visualization
- Experience with Absorb or other e-learning module development is absolutely required.
- Solid knowledge of curriculum development, adult learning theory and instructional design principles
- Experience working with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Presenter, and Adobe Captivate is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to write clear, concise documentation
- Three to five years of professional experience in L&D or Instructional Designer, Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s in Instructional Design or related field is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hearts & Science offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, typically summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top