Director, Strategy (Communications Strategy) (XZ160-31-45)
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Director-Communications Planning. This is not an all-inclusive list.
In our world, good context strategy answers when, where and how brands should engage consumers – and does so in a way that amplifies consumer/cultural relevance, accelerates brand adoption, and animates the creative idea through media placement and creativity.
- Act as a catalyst for comms planning thinking within the media team
- Collaborate with BBDO's strategic team to craft an integrated comms plan
- Be the connective tissue between the client's business strategy, the creative agency's brand strategy, and Hearts' media strategy.
- Bring big consumer/cultural insights that drive bigger context strategies for client brands.
- Be the bridge between strong, conceptual thinking, and data-driven, analytical approaches to problem solving
- Form a dynamic duo with the creative team, media planning, marketing science and custom content experts on your team (much like art directors and copywriters pair-up in creative agencies.)
- Bring your track record of data-centric thinking to every integrated client brief, which will outline creative and media requirements and objectives.
We're looking for tireless optimists, happy warriors, and fearless collaborators. We're looking for curious learners, passionate problem-solvers, and trusted teammates who bring that extra dose of contagious energy.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in the media and/or communications space. This could be at a media; digital strategy consultancy; or technology consulting and management firm.
- Understanding of media principles, media planning fundamentals and how media is bought
- Experience leading cultural and consumer insight generation, connecting technology opportunities to business challenges, and proven ability to apply technology-centric approaches across a variety of client industries.
- Fluency in data, and a proven record of infusing data into activation ideas and plans
- Comfort having conversations with people not as tech-savvy as yourself—introducing new tools and techniques-- and to be the type of person that sends everyone out of the room excited about the opportunity.
- Be a brave and trusted presence in team and client discussions, someone always ready to lead the conversation with a considered and deliberate perspective. You should also be equally able to recognize and support opportunities for your younger team members to shine.
- An energetic, confident, levelheaded communicator with real clarity of thought and presentation.
- Bachelor's Degree required
Hearts & Science, an agency within Omnicom Media Group offers a generous time off package including paid vacation, personal days, summer Fridays as well as other benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and great opportunities for growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Hearts & Science, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiates us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Hearts & Science, we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top