Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation. The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
The Multicultural Market Director is the day-to-day liaison between the client and the media community. The Director’s role is to ensure the client’s media plans are developed and implemented under a Multicultural Market approach. This involves working closely with the client and with the media community. It also includes collaborating with other team members and partner agencies to ensure plans are integrated and fulfilling campaign multicultural goals.
- Supervise the Supervisor, Strategist and Assistant Strategist on day-to-day activities
- Train Strategist and Assistant Strategist in all aspects of the planning process, as well as the client(s) business and industry
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues. Create solutions and resolve problems.
- Manage solid client relationships
- Establish timetables for development of plans
- Interview applicants for junior-level positions
- Build in multicultural insights into the communication plan development process
- Help develop planning objectives and strategies that coincide with the client’s marketing direction
- Continually seek a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Supervise implementation of integrating offerings and tools
- Identify opportunities for cross-platform deals, when appropriate
- Provide point-of-view on various media in the marketplace
- Create media plan recommendations and alternatives
- Select media vehicles and determine scheduling
- Promote creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace
- Present media plans to clients
- Oversee the execution of a media plan
- Gauge media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met
- Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedules
- Update account team on status of all client projects
- Foster a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Coordinate efforts with the Investment team(s)
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences
- Handle any client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
- Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the client’s business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong experience in developing/supervising multicultural media plans including targeting US Hispanics and African Americans
- Knowledge of the principles of advertising, marketing and media. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, journalism
- Knowledge of the dynamics of USH and AA media market – how each media element performs alone, how they perform together and with GM media, and how they are constantly changing
- Understanding of the skills and functions of the Investment side of the business, as well as knowledge of Strategic Business Units’ competencies
- Interest in the client’s industry and environment within which he operates
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Ability to give proper, thorough instruction
- Prioritization skills (multi-tasking)
- Ability to understand media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Appreciation of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Ability to formulate solutions to media problems
- Ability to articulate the scope of a client’s business challenge
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top