Director, Marketing Science
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation.
We are a marketing agency that is pioneering the future of how brands and people will interact in the post-media world.
As the Director of Marketing Science, you will sit within the department that will be closely aligned with senior brand managers and market researchers. You will lead the insights and analytics practice related to your specific brand portfolio, partnering with category leads in media strategy and investment. At your disposal will be wide range of highly skilled analytics and data science resources.
- Translate data into clear, compelling, and actionable insights by leveraging advanced analytics tactics conducted by central resources
- Collaborate with marketing partners and strategy teams to understand business and marketing objectives and develop analytics approaches to meet those objectives
- Present to clients, with the support of the functional specialists, the results of analyses and research projects in a clear and insightful narrative, digestible by a lay person
- Lead understanding of consumer and marketplace behaviors, particularly those that most impact business and marketing goals
- With the leaders of the functional specialty teams, keep track of projects being run by the Functional Specialists to ensure they are done on time and to right level of quality
- Support new business efforts including development of the strategy, creation of the pitch story, and participation in the presentations
- Evaluate data and research/analytics vendors for client needs or as they approach clients
- Work with third party research/analytics vendors to design and set up projects for clients
- Aid in the development and execution of the measurement plan
- Create specific research awards submissions and contribute to strategy awards submissions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, information management, social sciences or business related fields. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience at a media agency, marketing analytics firm or in a quantitative, data-driven field
- 2+ years of experience in consumer strategy, insights, or business intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must
- Excellent strategic thinker who is willing to take risks and challenge the status quo
- Strong leader who can demonstrate analytic skills, problem solving, and independent decision making
- Ability to clearly explain complex ideas to multiple audiences and respond to questions
- Familiarity with marketing technology (e.g. Data Management Platforms), ad-serving (e.g. Google DCM, Atlas), and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Knowledge and experience with syndicated research sources/tools (e.g. ComScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI, Simmons, etc)
- Experience with marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis and/or other branches of market research (custom survey research, advertising testing or tracking, new product research, etc.)
- Forward Thinking – a desire to challenge yourself, strategy teams and our clients to think beyond today’s solutions
- Creativity – an ability to think and solve problems in non-linear ways, and an ability to craft compelling stories
- Curiosity – a natural and persistent inclination to explore, discover, and learn, and a general fascination with analytics
- Agility – the nimbleness to react to market changes and high value opportunities
- Persistence – the drive to go beyond asking “what?” to ask “why?”; a commitment to digging beneath the surfaces and interrogating information versus accepting it at face value
- Resourcefulness – an ability to look beyond the usual sources and insight opportunities to find a solution when time and dollars are limited
- Confidence – a willingness to share opinions and present recommendations with conviction
- Collaboration – a desire to create a collaborative working environment where the notion of team comes before labels
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top