Administrator - Newspaper Investment
Hearts & Science has been inspired by confident marketers seeking business advantage in a world of personalized digital marketing, where CRM and addressable channels converge, and decisions must be made in real time to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights, Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities, among other services that include shopper marketing, marketing innovation and content activation.
We are a marketing agency that is pioneering the future of how brands and people will interact in the post-media world.
This role is primarily responsible for ensuring seamless coverage of workload across all accounts through active daily monitoring and coordination with Traffic staff, Account teams, and clients as necessary. This involves managing deadlines, communicating with media planners and buyers as well as creative staff, resolving issues as they arise, and ensuring that agency procedures are followed so as to maximize efficiencies in workflow and client spending. Traffic Administrators run reports in Donovan, allocate TV/Cable and radio spot rotations, facilitate the clearance process with networks, coordinate with dub house facilities, issue timelines to production and account teams, and troubleshoot discrepancies.
Tactical Job Functions
To achieve successful performance in this position, the Traffic Administrator is expected to perform the following tactical job functions to the highest level of proficiency:
- Issue written directions and schedules to stations and networks concerning the use of creative
- Order broadcast and telecast commercial material for the air (radio/TV/cable/satellite)
- See that all creative is delivered on time
- Estimate costs of dubbing and shipping
- Network integration changes
- Create, maintain and distribute comprehensive clearance grids
- Negotiate with Broadcast Standards & Practices departments on clearance issues
- Monitor and update status reports for all incoming creative briefs and project requests
- Assign creative teams deadlines for various stages of traffic process; monitor status to ensure deadlines are met
- Keep account teams updated on changes in technology (i.e. SD/HD specs)
- Counsel account teams or clients on postproduction issues
- Negotiate dubbing/shipping rates with vendors
- Maintain production element storage files
- Approve invoices/address all billing discrepancies with vendors
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 to 4 years working in Traffic Departments, with specific experience trafficking for film studios
- Proficient in the use of DDS/Donovan, MediaVu
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Hearts & Science
Hearts & Science is a data-driven marketing agency with expert media planning and buying capabilities designed to inform brand strategies with real-time insights. Hearts & Science also offers shopper marketing, marketing innovation, and content activation. The team works to aggregate effective reach and deliver the right message at the right time.
Back to top