Summary: This position will provide medical referral coordination services to facilitate patient medical appointments and services both internal and external to the institution. This position will require communication and coordination of services with participants, a diverse healthcare team, and external stakeholders. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers referral orders in an electronic health record system (EHRS)
- Enter data into an electronic health record system (EHRS)
- Track referrals to JSH/IRIS or other institutions/systems
- Contact participants and case managers via telephone or direct mailings
- Create reports that describe referral outcomes
- Maintains high level of independent decision-making and problem solving as it pertains to making patient referrals with multiple sources of offsite and onsite providers.
- Administers referrals to several onsite and offsite providers and programs including but not limited to: Stroger’s IRIS system, dental, Stand Against Cancer, Goldie’s Place, and Illinois Eye Institute.
- Assists participants to acquire public aid, medical cards, and All Kids insurance as necessary
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma and one year (two years preferred) experience in a medical office setting. Must have two years experience working with PCs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Other: Previous experience with an electronic health record system is preferred. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred. Must be able to prioritize tasks coming from different sources in a professional manner consistent with the mission of Heartland Alliance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, and walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization’s AIDS Policy Statement of Septembe
Back to top