Summary: Recruiters are responsible for the full-life recruitment cycle. Recruiters will partner with hiring managers and successfully implement all stages in the recruitment cycle including but not limited to recruitment & talent acquisition strategies, sourcing, interviewing and selecting qualified candidates ensuring all recruitment activities comply with company policies, and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Recruiters will research, identifies and recommends appropriate traditional and non-traditional recruiting sources to fill job vacancies and build a pool of qualified candidates. Recruiters will participate in job fairs, professional conferences and community events and conducts presentations to build brand awareness and promote career opportunities. Recruiters must understand how to use data in the analyses of the recruitment life cycle to measure the effectiveness of the recruiting sources and implements improved strategies to ensure overall recruitment objectives are met. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for filling open positions with qualified candidates in coordination with hiring managers.
- Works with hiring managers to plan and execute recruitment activities.
- Serves as first-reviewer of resumes and applications.
- Conducts initial phone interviews and recommends candidates to hiring managers.
- Maintains database of all candidates who are and have been actively involved in the recruiting process.
- Manages the process of moving a candidate through the recruiting process, including scheduling interviews, collecting feedback post-interview, and regularly updating candidates and hiring managers.
- Responsible for sourcing job openings, including researching new sourcing outlets and tracking the effectiveness of sources and ad placements.
- Develops and maintains an online presence on social media and other relevant sites, and leverages networks and connections to promote the division and its professional opportunities.
- Creates and places job ads, and develops and maintains promotional materials.
- Builds and maintains a pipeline of candidates for each level and type of position.
- Travels to program sites to work with hiring managers.
- Assists with managing modifications and changes to job descriptions.
- Assists with the administration of the online recruitment and onboarding system.
- Participates in recruitment related improvement projects and initiatives and other HR projects as needed.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents recruitment and retention statistics, and maintains records on recruiting activities. Supports the development and maintenance of recruitment metrics, dashboards and reports.
- Assists in factoring salaries and making job offers.
- Assists with additional HR activities such as moving a new hire through our credential check and on-boarding processes, checking references, and reviewing personnel files to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that recruitment related practices are in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Works with the rest of the Employee Services department in the administration of recruitment, pre-hire processing and onboarding.
- Builds professional relationships with colleges and universities, and professional and industry organizations.
- Represents the organization at career fairs and similar events to enhance network of professional relationships and generate potential candidates.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years of recruitment experience OR a combination or education and relevant work experience.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills to gather and exchange information, conduct cold calls and behavioral based interviews. Ability to clearly communicate in small and large setting and build and maintain interpersonal relationships. Ability to work effectively with all levels of managers and direct service staff.
- Experience recruiting for various geographical locations and positions
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred. Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries.
- Knowledge of Taleo preferred; Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange; Windows operating systems. Knowledge of Internet recruiting and technology sourcing methods and tools
- Ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Quality – Focus on quality of the final outcome versus on a specific transactional piece; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; high attention to detail.
- Quantity – Thinks of alternative methods to improve efficiency/service; able to process a high volume of employee changes in an efficient manner, Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Proactively informs and manages expectations when more time is needed.
- Ethics and Accountability – Adheres to organizational ethics and confidentiality standards.
- Interpersonal Skills – Communication (email, phone and written) suitable for external use with employees/groups/partners; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise in the work environment is moderate.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.
Meet Some of Heartland Alliance's Employees
Dir., Northern Tier Anti-Trafficking Consortium
When Heartland Alliance identifies a survivor of human trafficking, it sends someone right away to help. It’s Megan’s job to maintain that network of trained support staff, ready to go.
Back to top