Manager, Cross Cultural Interpreting Services (CCIS)
Summary: The Manager of Cross Cultural Interpreting (CCIS) Translations and Heartland Center for Systems Change (HCSC) Marketing is responsible for oversight and management of CCIS’s Translations projects and marketing support for HCSC (inclusive of CCIS, MHRI, ICOCE projects).
Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and guidance of the translation project operations, including, but not limited to, project price estimates/rates negotiation, project assignments, implementation of policies and procedures, etc.
- Coordinates the interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and service reviews of all translation service providers, in addition to discipline, termination
- Creates and maintains databases for translation resources-independent contractors with appropriate expertise necessary to meet customer’s demand
- Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheet to illustrate the status of translation projects
- Supports proposal writing and development process in addition to the sales process
- Prepares appropriate internal and external reports in a regular and timely manner.
- Maintains website for HCSC programs (CCIS, MHRI, ICOCE).
- Creates/maintains marketing campaigns, social media sites for HCSC programs.
- Assists with marketing the programs as needed such as participation in job fairs, conference vendors, and participation in networking events.
- Conducts competitor analysis annually and as needed.
- With input from the Associate Director, Senior Director, and Chief Growth Officer develop the annual marketing plan.
- Creates written marketing materials to promote HCSC programs (CCIS, MHRI, ICOCE) including brochures, newsletters, one page info sheets, etc.
CCIS Program Operations:
- Assists as needed with interpreter scheduling and other management backup of the program.
- Participates in an after-hours on-call rotation schedule.
- Assists with resolution of complaints from vendors and independent contractors
- • Assists with the completion of compliance audits and reports, interpreter record audits, compliance procedures, and trend reports. (ABBHH Compliance Project, IDPH Report, etc.)
- Provides HIPAA and customer service training.
- Conducts orientation and assists with new interpreter training.
- Ensures the accuracy, substance and timeliness of data collection, reports, projects, schedules and other relevant work products.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, Senior Director, and Chief Growth Officer, identifies and works to address service gaps and needs with attention to service program (s) opportunities and barriers.
- Coordinates training announcements and invitations.
- Coordinates, facilitates or participates in both internal and external activities that focus on integration and development of CCIS, HCSC and HHO services.
- Assists with the development of success objectives and the quality indicators for the program.
- Collaborates with other HHO managers in the establishment of policies/procedures, written documentation, and manuals and ensures compliance with organizational policies/procedures for general operations and service delivery (e.g., personnel, financial, Standards of Professional Conduct, Ethics, HIPAA, Fluency, etc.)
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with appropriate groups/organizations, etc., as approved by Associate Director or Senior Director.
- Remains current in the field of service provided by HHO.
- Provides training to assigned staff in all facets of the position.
- Conducts internal and external training, as requested.
- Initiates requests for supervision and interim evaluation/goal setting.
- Participates in Management Team meetings and acts as Chairperson as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oral & Written Communication – Must display excellent written/oral communication through various electronic communications to internal/external partners
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Demonstrates objectivity and openness to other’s views.
- Problem Solving -
- Organization -
- Professionalism: Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Interpersonal Skills: Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in Marketing, Communication, Business, Public Administration or a related field are preferred. Two years of related experience in marketing, sales, customer service, or program coordination required.
- Language Skills: Language Skills: Ability to understand market trends. Understanding of and ability to implement email and mobile marketing strategies, Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Bilingual fluency is preferred for this position.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Relational databases, project management, SEO tools and Windows Office. Computer literate and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access).
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Qualifications: Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively. Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must be self-motivated and able to communicate and forge strong relationships at all levels. Must be able to work independently on projects and have the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members. Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner. Must show attention to detail with a professional and positive approach. Must demonstrate excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills. Must have a proven track record in influencing and negotiating skills. Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures. Ability to develop, plan and implement short-term and long-term goals.
Cultural Attributes: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following attributes.
- Accountability – Be responsive, responsible, resourceful, principled, and a problem-solver
- Leaderful – Take initiative, communicate effectively, delegate based on skills and interests, possess strategic thinking and acting; develop staff, foster teamwork
- A Bias Toward Action – Advocate for services and policies that support healthier lives for the populations’; be decisive and take action when a problem arises, communicating with those impacted; be proactive, innovative, and consistently work to improve operations and outcomes, carrying out formal continuous improvement initiatives
- Participant centered – Listen to and collaborate with participants, identify strengths and implement evidence-based practices; integrate and coordinate services across HHO programs
- Valuing our colleagues – Be respectful and responsive; appreciative and supportive; provide input, initiative and recognition of colleagues
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively engage vendors and customers without personal bias or judgmental attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving, resource development and crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and team members.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise level.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization’s AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.
Meet Some of Heartland Alliance's Employees
Assoc. Dir., National Transitional Jobs Network
When people come to Heartland Alliance for help finding a job, Melissa is on point. She manages the largest nationwide coalition that focuses on improving access to employment.
Back to top