HR Business Partner
Job Classification: HR Business Partner – Heartland Human Care Services (HHCS)
Summary: As a strategic partner, the HR Business Partner aligns organizational objectives with employees and management within Heartland Alliance. This role serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. A successful HRBP will act as employee champion and change agent. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions and formulates partnerships across the Heartland Alliance Business Services to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the objectives of the organization. This position also serves on the leadership team to promote activities and plans for HHCS Best place to work initiatives. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Employee & Labor Relations:
- Consultation, facilitation for ER matters; partner with HHCS Senior leaders to provide best options for resolution
- Strengthens the Employee-Employer relationship through measurement of job satisfaction, employee engagement and conflict resolution
- Grievance Administration and management
- Provide and deliver best practices to improve performance and productivity
- Provide coaching
Training & Development:
- Provide and deliver training in various areas including organization awareness, harassment, new manager orientation, leadership, etc.
- Assess training and development needs for portfolio; recommend strategies for curriculum development, content design, and delivery
- Develops Annual training/learning plans
Compliance & Safety:
- Ensure organizational programs are in compliance with labor and employment standards
- Work with Compliance officer to report, investigate, and resolve compliance issues
- Ensure working conditions are safe and mitigate risk
- Partner with Workers Comp/Benefits team regarding strategies to address and reduce work related industries
- Develop staffing forecasts and workforce plans around talent and succession planning
- Partner with Recruitment team to provide proactive recruitment information
- Masters degree and 8-10 years of HR experience
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability in collaboration and relationship building
- Able to identify clues and assess appropriate information to respond according to situational needs. Cultivates respect. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Synthesizes information from multiple sources, distills important information/elements to inform decision making; Exercises strong judgment across a broad spectrum of decisions
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Actively works to develop knowledge of organizational operations in order to enhance analyses. Develops alternative solutions
- Able to design, implement, and improve processes from ground-up; ability to balance collaborative approach and decisiveness required to make an impact
- Provide proactive, customer-service and continuous improvement mindset with dedication to deliver on commitments
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to key, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the Organization’s AIDS Policy Statement of September, 1987. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact the Employee Services Office at (312) 660-1431.
Back to top