Call Center Specialist - HHC
Call Center Specialist – HHC
Summary : The Call Center Specialist will serve as the gateway to appointment scheduling and telephone access to primary care, dental, health and other services provided by Heartland Health Centers. The individual in this position will support the mission, vision, and values of Heartland Health Centers, and will comply with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory standards. I ndividual accountabilities and adherence to call center metrics will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Call Center agent functions, politely and promptly answers and accurately directs incoming calls from patients, community organizations, healthcare organizations, and other external parties.
- Makes internal and external appointments on patient’s behalf and makes general referrals to other agencies as needed
- Prior to the patient visit, registers and assesses patients for eligibility and screens needs for benefits and entitlements services.
- Educate patients regarding their patient responsibilities, services, sliding fee scale, health center address and any requirements for appointment or changes to the patient’s appointment.
- Maintains thorough understanding of medical coverage and third party liabilities, inclusive of Medicaid and Medicare.
- Verifies and updates the patient’s third party insurance
- Maintains a strong familiarity with insurance requirements and determines amount needed at co-pay based on service rendered. Accurately assesses and explains co-pays.
- Assists in coordination of interpretation services for patients as needed.
- Maintains established individual call center metric goals relative to Average Handle Time (AHT), Average Speed of Answer (ASA) and team goals pertinent to Call Abandonment (ABN) rates and Service Level expectations.
- Performs moderate to high volume of data entry.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma and three years of related experience or Associates degree and one year of related experience. Prior experience in a healthcare related field or social service agency preferred.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in a second language, Spanish, may be required. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact with all levels of internal and external publics, to convey information, manage difficult situations, and represent HHC in the most favorable manner.
- Competencies: Ability to use electronic technology to receive, organize, prioritize, and transmit information. Versatility in terms of language skills; specifically, a good command of standard English as well as ease with and accommodation of variations with respect to accent, dialect, and non-English speaking publics. Possesses strong and effective communication skills. Excellent command and consistent use of the principles of AIDET. Comprehension of and appropriate use of medical terminology and new developments in the health care delivery system. Ability to implement and maintain compliance with organization policies and procedures. Adherence to individual and team goals with respect to call center metrics.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The job entails working in a sedentary physical position.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heartland Health Centers makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization’s AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.I,A3303_837_0
Back to top