Full time, 3rd shift, weekends required. Operate all aspects of the press, including but not limited to: All Reel room job description tasks, make ready of press units for printing of papers, including commercial, special sections and other pre-printed sections. Work as team to achieve production goals, deadlines and quality expectations. Obey Safety rules and regulations. Keep press and press area clean.
- Assist in press maintenance and repairs including, but not limited to, greasing, changing blankets, changing rollers, cleaning water system, cleaning pipe rollers.
- Spot plates on the press in the proper positions. This requires knowing job layouts for various set ups. Able to read layout sheet to know plate positioning and unit set up.
- Proper set up of printing units, ink & water preset, page pack switches, rail position and all other switch positions.
- Work with crew on set up of webs. Know various web leads and assit in walking each in lead to folder. Move angle bars and engage slitters when needed.
- Mount plates on the press in correct manor to assure best possible register. When mounting check for proper color positioning. Check folio on black plate.
- Check folios, this includes date, publication and sequence of page numbers. When running color/register this should be done after initial start-up. When assigned this is to be done at initial start-up.
- Set ink and water during run to achieve best print and color reproduction, matching press proofs when supplied. Moving register wheels and plates to achieve best possible overall registration.
- During run work as team to prepare for next run, get plates and spot on press. Set up units not in use.
- End shift-Work with crew to clean all cylinders, blankets, rails, water drip trays, guards and units. Work on press maintenance when time allows.
- Keep work area clean and safe. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate
- 4 years’ experience working on a Metro press
- Must be able to effectively operate in a deadline environment
- Must have an understanding of principles of offset printing
- Must have conceptual understanding of press impositions and layouts
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, push or pull 100 lbs
- Possess the ability to multitask
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Meet Some of Hearst Media Services's Employees
Digital Advertising Operations Manager
Nicole initiates diversified digital campaigns, from brand bookings to live launch. She fulfills reporting requests, monitors performance, and coordinates with internal teams to deliver goals and improve services.
Back to top