Perform routine maintenance and emergency repair on all pressroom & auxiliary equipment. Assist Facilities Manager in maintenance of building mechanical equipments (compressors, air dryers, HVAC, etc.) and regular building maintenance to create a safe and productive work environment as needed. Develop, maintain and implement a formal maintenance program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Analyze, develop and design needed electrical parts to enhance production equipment efficiency and life span.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical systems on all production related equipment.
- Perform all electrical repairs assigned by the production manager in accordance with the National Electric Code guidelines.
- Determine the cause of electrical failures and make recommendations as to the continued safe operation of the equipment.
- Recommend parts for repair or replacement and to help maintain current inventory levels.
- Inform the production manager of all completed work, follow-up and pending work or equipment problems.
- Work effectively with co-workers in problems solving techniques and to adequately communicate to them the incomplete work and problem areas.
- Ensure that safe and established work habits are used
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Develop and maintain formal maintenance program in compliance with company policies and State and Federal legal regulation, including accurate recordkeeping as required.
- Assist facilities manager with building repairs which may include HVAC, compressor issues, building repairs, etc.
- Order parts needed to perform all equipment repairs, ensure inventory is up-to-date so parts are readily available.
- Develop department budget with Plant Manager. Perform work, retain services, etc. Meet budget requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Graduate
- Electrical & HVAC Certification preferred
- 5 years pressroom electrical & mechanical experience – specific equipment: Goss metro
- 2-5 years general facilities maintenance experience
- Excellent project management skills: ability to multi-task, meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable in Excel and ability to manage work within budget requirements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, and be on call as required.
- Must have reliable transportation
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Meet Some of Hearst Media Services's Employees
Senior Digital Account Manager
Hands-on and tuned in, Buddy works closely with Hearst Media Services’ top digital advertisers to define, create, and deliver strong, record-breaking campaigns—building its proud partnerships, portfolios, and products.
Back to top