Hearst Direct Media Consultant - Entry Level
Hearst Direct Media Consultant (Entry Level)
The basic function of this position is to maximize advertising sales potential in assigned markets /categories through the development and maintenance of quality business relationships and promotion of new/existing advertising products. A high concentration to be on our suite of Hearst Direct products/services as well as our 5 weekly publications. The incumbent is also responsible for responding to customer service issues and working cooperatively with the “Account Manager” or “CSR” on sales executive’s team, advertising services department and other departments to ensure the accurate and timely placement of advertising orders and billing.
• Meet or exceed monthly sales goals, anticipating any challenges, and working with the advertising manager to determine strategies to overcome possible shortfalls.
• Work with sales management to develop a consistent quarterly, monthly and weekly sales plan designed to achieve revenue goals.
• Work with existing or new customers by phone and in person to determine their advertising needs, matching needs with appropriate advertising format, products, and pricing structure.
• Engage in the expected level of sales activity as communicated by management. Examples of sales activity metrics that may be measured include “Outbound Cold Calling”, “Weekly Appointments”, “# of Daily & Weekly Deals Closed” and “$ of Daily and Weekly Deals Closed”.
• Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and maintaining an awareness of new businesses opening in the area.
• Where applicable and approved by Manager, attend tandem sales calls with current Media Consultants to promote the sale of Hearst Direct Products/Services.
• Maintain a pipeline of new and incremental revenue equal to 4x the gap established during planning with a focus on moving sales opportunities through the pipeline within 60 days.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to new and prospective customers, conveying market research, competition, product and pricing, and any other pertinent information to help customers make informed decisions.
• Actively share data / reports with clients and seek feedback in an effort to continually optimize campaigns to deliver optimum results to advertisers.
• Conduct relations between Hearst Media Services-CT and customers according to established protocol, maintaining integrity in all aspects of the business relationship.
• Calculate and communicate pricing information and contracts with customers, allowing enough time for them to make informed decisions.
• Provide advertising manager and other involved personnel with timely updates on sales activity, client feedback on products and services, and other relevant information.
• Recommend new products and sales promotions to advertising manager.
• Contact all customers who recently stopped advertising to ascertain reason why and to rectify situation if possible.
• Educate customers about the features and benefits of new sales products/promotions.
• Adhere to established advertising deadlines.
• Respond to all customer concerns in a timely manner.
• Arrive at scheduled appointments on time.
• Attend weekly sales meetings as required.
• Attend community and professional events as necessary.
• Perform other duties as requested by advertising manager.
• Accurately complete all sections of required insertion order form prior to submission.
• Document pertinent information related to ongoing advertising contracts, ensuring adherence to terms outlined in the contract.
• Review history and ensure customer has paid previous balances prior to accepting new ad orders.
• Approve proposed account adjustments with advertising manager prior to issuing a credit memo to accounting.
• College degree required.
• Minimum of 1-2 years previous outside sales experience required, with specific print/media sales experience highly desirable. Must be computer literate.
• Possess high degree of business and personal integrity.
• Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively with coworkers and managers.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Good math skills and the ability to compute advertising price quotes.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Hearst Media Services CT is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, homelessness, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Meet Some of Hearst Media Services's Employees
Senior Digital Account Manager
Hands-on and tuned in, Buddy works closely with Hearst Media Services’ top digital advertisers to define, create, and deliver strong, record-breaking campaigns—building its proud partnerships, portfolios, and products.
Back to top